gray bar suddenly appears on top of notification bar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
When I just looked at my phone it was flashing wierdly so i powered down. It boots fine now but has a gray bar on top of the notification bar that has what appears to be tiny hex dump info and changes with red squares on it. Also suddenly it traces my finger movements on the screen. Running verizon gnex with 4.0.4 rooted and unlocked. I did install an app yesterday that was supposed to put back root even after an ota. Uninstalled it but didn't help. Anyone seen this before and know what to do about it. I'm hoping I don't have to wipe and start over!

OP
zinethar

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
OK nevermind. After looking all over to see if some setting had changed I found it! In the developer options two settings had suddenly gotten selected that turned on screen tracing etc. No idea how that happened but I sure am relieved it seems OK now :biggrin:

captdroid

Reaction score
When I just looked at my phone it was flashing wierdly so i powered down. It boots fine now but has a gray bar on top of the notification bar that has what appears to be tiny hex dump info and changes with red squares on it. Also suddenly it traces my finger movements on the screen. Running verizon gnex with 4.0.4 rooted and unlocked. I did install an app yesterday that was supposed to put back root even after an ota. Uninstalled it but didn't help. Anyone seen this before and know what to do about it. I'm hoping I don't have to wipe and start over!

Check what you have turned on in 'Developer' menu in settings