gps?

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
Yes I have alot of options when I long press. Wallpapers is one of them.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should only have 3 and all concerning choice of wallpaper. It looks like your ICS might be corrupted.

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
I appreciate the post but not corrupt at all,my wifes,moms and sisters maxx are same and all on ics. I'm guessing it's go launcher ex as we all use that too. Its not that big of a deal. Thank you for the replies

OP
blwn327

blwn327

Reaction score
It is go launcher,I used home switcher to go back to stock launcher,when I long press my only options were wallpapers and backup assistance + Go launcher is way better lol

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
GotnFX said:
I'm not sure why you both can long press on the screen and add a widget..ICS got rid of that. Link below is from moto's very own website. Did you guys do a FDR after converting from GB to ICS? I know it is a pain, but resolves alot of issues.

http://m.motorola.com/us/consumers/Android-4.0-Ice-Cream-Sandwich/119251,en_US,pd.html

Because he is using go launcher. The stock home launcher does not bring up list of widgets by long pressing but other launchers do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Blwn, bring up your list of widgets from go and scroll to "power control." The icon will look like a gear box and if you glide over where the text should be, it will say Power control. That would be the stock power control widget that allows you one click ability to toggle gps on and off. The one thing I did notice is that it only toggles the standalone GPS services on and off and leaves all the other GPS services alone. So if you have google location services on, using that toggle switch will not toggle it off or vice versa.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Ahh..sorry. I didn't even realize it was a different launcher..when i saw stock ICS..i assumed stock launcher..Thanks Tis! Hope this works out for you, Blwn!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
NP GotnFX. It gets confusing sometimes, believe me, lol!

jaseman

Reaction score
Please remember that the GPS radio is only actually on/running when you are using maps or navigation and it will show up as a little tiny snow flake looking icon on the tool bar. de-selecting which GPS options you use in the system settings has NO EFFECT on whether the gps radio is actually running...these settings are only telling the gps radio which services to use when it is turned on by using maps or navigation. Leave the ones you want to use checked in the system, then open maps and look at the tool bar and you will see the GPS icon show up. Close maps and you will see the icon dissapear which means it is now turned off.