GPS taking a long time to boot!!!

xr21

Reaction score
Ok, I use my GPS alot for directions and the last 2-3 weeks, the GPS has been taking a very long time to get locked in!!! Usually it took 3-5 seconds, lately it takes a minimum of 2 mins, sometimes not at all. This is very inconvenient when I need directions on the fly when driving. Is this happening to anyone else out there? My version number is 5.9.905.XT875 if that helps.

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yea mine takes a long time to get my location and driving directions also...

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Idk i hardly every use mine navigation. I do know it worked just fine on gb. On ics it takes a while. And actually today i used it and had to back out of maps then go back in for it to work.

dsince1984

Reaction score
This has been happening to me too and just started in the last few months :-/

Claudia

Reaction score
Did anyone notice this happening just recently? like Mid-July?

Yes, mid-July for me too. My Bionic used to lock in really fast and was reliable. Now we use my husband's Charge instead, at least his actually locks in after a few minutes.
Last time I used mine, when it finally did "lock in", it had me on a road south of where I really was.

Any solutions on this? Did the latest Maps update help?

Sent from my Rooted DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Christobal

Reaction score
I have been very frustrated with my GPS over the last month+. Out of the blue, it started taking several minutes to lock. I can use GPS Essentials and see 10+ satellites right away, but the actual "location lock' takes a LOOOOONG while. VERY frustrating when I need the navigation in a pinch.

jthorpe

Reaction score
Did anyone notice this happening just recently? like Mid-July?

Yes I have noticed and it's driving me nuts. I use it all the time and I use it for searches, police work and other things. I haven't been able to figure it out unless it's an issue with our phones and the satellites.