gps still not correct?

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok well my thunderbolt had the issues that everyone elses had gps was off (showing wrong city and not locking on) and reboots. and after getting several new replacment phones i rooted it again and im running das bamf 4.9. well my gps is still not showing the correct location. it shows me being in a city 1.5 hrs west. i have flashed several radios to try and fix it but nothing. i understand that there is currently 5 radios out that will work with gb and the das bamf 4.9 rom. so do i just need to start from the beggining and find one that fixs my gps problem. or are there devices out there that this problem just wont go away for what ever reason and that if thats the case i need to just demand a new device from verizon cs. and yes i currently have all 5 radios downloaded and ive check the md5 on each so i got good files. here is where i got the radios from.
Radios!!

any help or comments would be helpful.
bob

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What settings do you have on?... Settings/Location/Standalone GPS Services (Yes) -Google Location Services (Yes)

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yep it wouldnt work with out those settings turned on.
Actually yes it would work, just crappy without the Standalone GPS Services checked....why I suggested it...

imgoinghome

Reaction score
What settings do you have on?... Settings/Location/Standalone GPS Services (Yes) -Google Location Services (Yes)

For the best performance should only those two be checked, or all three location services or some other combination?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

For the best performance should only those two be checked, or all three location services or some other combination?

I would check both of those... Standalone GPS or Google Location can work independantly without the other, but I've found that these two work best together to within 10 meters for the most part

** really makes no difference to have both Google services and VZW checked... either one of those and the Standalone GPS works good

OP
M

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
yep thanks mbk. i keep em all checked so i get the best or most accurate gps.

well for an update the first gb radio didnt work so i flashed the next one on the list above for das bamf gb roms. so the gps is dead nutts. i turn on maps and it goes to within 6 eters of my location. in my book that dead center. as for the weather?? well that still reads off but if i turn on maps then close it the weather will correct itself and show my current location but after a couple minutes it reverts back to the 1.5 hrs away city (i live in lansing and it says kalamazoo michigan). i even tried the gps status and tool box fix. and it works for a couple min. the goes back to the wrong location. but as for the gps itself its working fn great. im wondering if i should keep going and try another radio? the next one on the list.

bob

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Perhaps its the weather app.....I use Google location and Standalone GPS and its always dead on as you say....but my Rainy Days weather app still isn't dead on until I turn on a setting within the app itself...turn use the standalone GPS...

I really see no need to use both Google 'and' VZW location services...