GPS Broken?

Taco

Reaction score
I flashed MIUI 3.16 a week or two back and had no problems except the navigation wouldn't work. My location would be off by a few miles if not dead on but no turn by turn navigation.

I wiped data and cache and flashed a stock froyo rom. Same issue. I wiped data and cache and reverted to my last known point of working navi. Still hangs at finding gps.

Any ideas? :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Miui 3.16? That is from quite a while ago. Shouldn't have done anything to affect gps. My wife's phone will occassionally have the gps be off. Usually turning the gps off and back on and then allowing it a few minutes with clear view of the sky will correct it.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Yea I wanted a froyo build instead of gb.

I've tried battery pulls toggling gps and wifi and I've downloaded those gps test apps from the market and my phone won't fix to a single satellite .... it shows 4 in the sky but no fix.

I really need navi for the upcoming week and idk what to do.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea I wanted a froyo build instead of gb.I've tried battery pulls toggling gps and wifi and I've downloaded those gps test apps from the market and my phone won't fix to a single satellite .... it shows 4 in the sky but no fix.I really need navi for the upcoming week and idk what to do.Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Just for something to test, have you tried latest nightly from Cyanogen Mod 7? I know it is GB, but I am not sure what to recommend for you to try.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Nope I haven't ... I tend to shy away from gb seeing as it broke my market from ever auto restoring my apps it seems :/

I mean its worth a shot ... I didn't inted for this post to point the finger @ miui btw just figured you guys might have some insight or a workaround.

I googled the hell out of this and other phones have weird phone programming #s to call but all I can find for the droid is from 09 and its as simple as a battery pull or a reboot :/

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Okay now google maps says I'm in Spain >.< idk wtc is up.

Htown315

Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with your phone it's the Google Maps 5.9.0 app. Delete Google Maps 5.9.0 and install version 5.8.0 or older. Reboot and problem solved. APKTOP

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
I'm on 5.8 :( ... maybe sbfing to stock might work

New market just pushed to my device and says maps isn't installed ... odd. Sigh.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
I don't get it maps finds me but navigation loses me after a while then says I'm in spain

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Seems like ill have to :/