GoWalla

naman919

Reaction score
Anyone been able to use their "mobile" site? I cannot for the life of me get it to recognize the Droid as a mobile phone.

Doesn't matter the browser or the user agent setting.

Supposedly it's possible though: Gowalla Hops Onto Android Via The Mobile Web

Anyone else been able to successfully jump to the mobile site and check-in anywhere?

Big Cam

Reaction score
I thought the point of these advanced phones with advanced browsers was so you didn't have to go to the limited mobile sites.

Istus

Reaction score
Often times the mobile site is easier to navigate than the full site. Regardless of the gorgeous and large screen on the Droid, if you have a site with many links close to one another, your finger is typically larger than the area you wish to tap. This is highly frustrating...

Stigy

Reaction score
Gowalla mobile is used so that you can actually check-in via the phone. I used it yesterday and it worked just fine. I was able to check-in and drop off items via the mobile web.

BTW for those wondering ... the developer of Gowalla says the Android app is in final development and expect a beta in a few weeks with a release at the end of February.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought the point of these advanced phones with advanced browsers was so you didn't have to go to the limited mobile sites.
This is the biggest selling point for me to get the Droid. Bye Bye to mobile sites... for me at least :)

OP
naman919

naman919

Reaction score
Thanks Guys

That did work. I guess i was setting the dolphin browser to be android/iphone vs desktop in hopes that gowalla would automatically push me to the mobile site.

Putting the direct url in works. Thanks. I guess i should have tried that. They should still have it direct you to the mobile site but oh well.

Often times the mobile site is easier to navigate than the full site. Regardless of the gorgeous and large screen on the Droid, if you have a site with many links close to one another, your finger is typically larger than the area you wish to tap. This is highly frustrating...

Plus 1 to this. That's exactly why i still use mobile sites sometimes. Even this forum is a PITA to navigate so i find myself on the mobile site alot.

Gowalla mobile is used so that you can actually check-in via the phone. I used it yesterday and it worked just fine. I was able to check-in and drop off items via the mobile web.

BTW for those wondering ... the developer of Gowalla says the Android app is in final development and expect a beta in a few weeks with a release at the end of February.

Excited for the app. Wondering if it'll beat out Foursquare in the end. We'll see i guess. :huh:

off topic: Signed up for BrightKite and it's really clunky BUT has an android app. Thoughts from anyone else?

rgn2000

Reaction score
I have a droid and using the m.gowalla.com, but it never locates. It just says locating contantly. How are you guys getting the mobile site to work?