Got my xoom!! (video) post questions I will try and answer

Ragndemon

Reaction score
got mine today. i love it but.. how do u play actual videos on it? wanted to load movies, but no movie app ;/

ruinah

Reaction score
got mine today. i love it but.. how do u play actual videos on it? wanted to load movies, but no movie app ;/

I'm going to try rockplayer. I can dropbox the apk and see if I can't get it to work. I want to convert a video though for this format first.

shopman1

Reaction score
Nice work good to see your Vids I have a question for you

I have an app on my Droid X that allows me to tether it via its USB charging cord to my laptop and get to the internet though the phone 3g.
I want to be able to do that with the xoom so I dont need to pick up yet another plan! I am not rooted and dont realy want to do that. So looking for an app that accomodate that. thanks

blondiejones

Reaction score
I was the first one in the Knoxville Verizon store..... I was so excited to get the Xoom I couldn't stand it.... I noticed that you posted that a tablet couldn't replace a laptop, which is guess is what I was hoping for... so if you are traveling, will you take your laptop for work and your xoom too, and then of course I have a Droid x.... thats alot of electronics to keep up with.... My husband has a nook and he takes it everywhere to read and I love reading books too, it is android based and you can surf the web but it doesn't have flash...... I would love to keep the Xoom, as I am a total tech junkie.... but trying to justify its functionality and where do you think it will go in the future? I have the Keyboard which works good but right now a bluetooth mouse doesnt work.... Do you think eventually the apps will be there to support RDP's (that acutally work?) among other things?????