Got Froyo update sent to my Droid (1), but Phone rooted

xmguy

Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 1. I know 1; I can't update because of the replaced bootloader (SPRecovery). 2; It would rid me of root access.

But Can I somehow get the file online for users to work with?

This may be the NEWEST Froyo update. I'd like to have this update but with root access.

P1010756.jpg

Eschy

Reaction score
it is frf01b which can still be rooted. If you can reboot into recovery i would just flash a rooted rom. As long as it is FRF01b or FRF22 you wont get the notification anymore. If you cant boot into recovery and have to install the update. Install and just root again with easy root

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
it is frf01b which can still be rooted. If you can reboot into recovery i would just flash a rooted rom. As long as it is FRF01b or FRF22 you wont get the notification anymore. If you cant boot into recovery and have to install the update. Install and just root again with easy root

When is the NEWER 2.2 expected to roll out. I thought VZW halted the 01b update?

I have SPRecovery.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

When is the NEWER 2.2 expected to roll out. I thought VZW halted the 01b update?

I have SPRecovery.

It started back up again, and there is supposedly gonna be another update soon, presumably to 22, either way if you want these rooted and have SPR.
Just use SPR to install a Rom with either of these as a base.

There are Roms out that are these bases and not altered at all except root.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

I have SPRecovery.

It started back up again, and there is supposedly gonna be another update soon, presumably to 22, either way if you want these rooted and have SPR.

I tried using the official OTA update. But when it got to SPRecovery it blocked the update. Then when I chose allow the update.zip was gone from the system. Now my 2.1 says it's up-to-date.

I don't like roms. Besides I have my phone and app settings set up a certain way. Flashing a new rom would clear these.

I applied a update.zip that was 77MBs. But it was VERY unstable. WiFi issues (PRIOR). So my plan was to install the OTA 2.2 update and use Easy Root to re-root it back. I just don't trust roms or modified updates. (sorry guys)

I'm fine with 2.1. But If I can get the OFFICIAL 2.2 and get it to install and use Easy Root. I'll be happy.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I have SPRecovery.

I tried using the official OTA update. But when it got to SPRecovery it blocked the update. Then when I chose allow the update.zip was gone from the system. Now my 2.1 says it's up-to-date.

I don't like roms. Besides I have my phone and app settings set up a certain way. Flashing a new rom would clear these.

I applied a update.zip that was 77MBs. But it was VERY unstable. WiFi issues (PRIOR). So my plan was to install the OTA 2.2 update and use Easy Root to re-root it back. I just don't trust roms or modified updates. (sorry guys)

OK, good luck with easy root, I've heard nothing but problems.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

Can you elaborate? I just want the official VZW OTA update with root access. I prefer going the NON rom way to get 2.2. But DON'T want to use the update.zip file I did before that was 01b but I had nothing but issues. WiFi, speed, so on.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Can you elaborate? I just want the official VZW OTA update with root access. I prefer going the NON rom way to get 2.2. But DON'T want to use the update.zip file I did before that was 01b but I had nothing but issues. WiFi, speed, so on.

What are you running now?

Don't know what .zip you used before but this is the official OTA update with root:
ota froyo frg01b rooted

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score

What are you running now?

Don't know what .zip you used before but this is the official OTA update with root:
ota froyo frg01b rooted

THANKS!

I'm running the official 2.1. with root via an update.zip.
I'm not sure how I can tell you any more info. I'm still new to rooting. ;)

I used this one.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...es-frg01b-official-get-here-6.html#post713153

Last edited: