Got Conned & bought Knockoff Galaxy S3 & Charger Port is Broken.

LarryA3

Reaction score
I got conned & bout a knockoff Galaxy s3 & it turns out that the charger port is broken. It kinda wiggles on one side. Like, I tried putting a charger in & when I unplugged it one side had wiggled almost come out of the phone. I ordered a wireless charger for the s3 before I knew it was a knockoff & now I can't even use it! What should I do??? HELP!!!!:frown:

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Where did you buy the phone from? If you bought it from another person via something like craigslist I don't know that there is much you will be able to do. If it was on Ebay you could open a case and if you used Paypal you may even be covered under their protection depending on the exact description that they used to list the item. I would return the wireless charger. I I don't know what else you can do but I hope you get everything worked out. That absolutely sucks!

OP
L

LarryA3

Reaction score
Where did you buy the phone from? If you bought it from another person via something like craigslist I don't know that there is much you will be able to do. If it was on Ebay you could open a case and if you used Paypal you may even be covered under their protection depending on the exact description that they used to list the item. I would return the wireless charger. I I don't know what else you can do but I hope you get everything worked out. That absolutely sucks!

Yea I got it from Craigslist & now the person who sold it to me won't answer the phone!:cus:

llarryweaver

Reaction score
maybe the reason the wireless charger wont work is that the battery ,being a knockoff is not nfc cabable you could try to order a replacement battery that is nfc capable (they are not expensive ) and try that . another option is to buy a different phone and charge like that i use my daughters old samsung stellar to charge a spare battery while im using my s3

Bratster2

Reaction score
NFC battery won't help. That's for communication.

You need the wireless charging back or sticker insert.

The stickers are super cheap on eBay and amazon.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Wife and I are completely wireless QI charging. It's also possible to swap the microusb component on your phone. There are multiple Youtube videos that are step by step. Parts are somewhat cheap. Try to buy good quality over cheapest price.