Google's New Google Now Voice Search Feature from Nexus 7 and JB Impresses on Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;gyKj-6oqcwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyKj-6oqcwE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

We found some pretty cool videos that show off the capabilities of Google's new voice search functionality they debuted on the Nexus 7. It's called Google Now Voice and is a standard feature of Jelly Bean. As you will see in the videos, the product is very polished and does not fail to impress. In fact, we have seen several reports across the web stating Google Now has the first natural-sounding voice for mobile devices. The above video is an 8 minute demo from the folks at AndroidCommunity, and the videos below were taken from YouTube by a video blogger.

Continue reading and see two more videos over at our sister-site @ NexusTablets.net.

Pablomarusich

Reaction score
Will the droid 3 ever get google now? Will there be a way to use it without jellybean? (ics is already a mess in droid 3 i dont want to even think about jb)

SamuelMSr

Reaction score
Will the droid 3 ever get google now? Will there be a way to use it without jellybean? (ics is already a mess in droid 3 i dont want to even think about jb)

The DROID 3 has every feature it will ever have from Google or Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Pablomarusich

Reaction score
The DROID 3 has every feature it will ever have from Google or Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I dont habe my droid 3 yet... I'm making my commentary purely on countless hours of research and looking and videos, that's all I got :D I will probably have my droid 3 in 2 weeks tops... My only question is, will google now be for all versions? Not only gingerbread? That would make me even more impatient for my new cellphone!

skennelly

Reaction score
I dont habe my droid 3 yet... I'm making my commentary purely on countless hours of research and looking and videos, that's all I got :D I will probably have my droid 3 in 2 weeks tops... My only question is, will google now be for all versions? Not only gingerbread? That would make me even more impatient for my new cellphone!

As of now, Google Now is only for Jellybean 4.1. It is not available on ICS or GB. GB will likely never support this feature.