Solved Google voice search results

eagle923

Reaction score
When I search using the Voice Search icon, the results open in a browser that looks like Chrome but if I close the results the app goes back to the search.

Is there any way to get these to open in the regular Chrome app? Maybe as a new tab? It is a bit annoying to search for something, read the article or whatever and then have it go away.

I have a Note 5 and I end up using the Voice Search app a lot. I don't use the voice detection(ok Google) to save some battery.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The results open in the Google Search app. It may look like chrome, but isn't really. You can try searching from Chrome instead of the Google Search app. That may have the results you want. If you go to Google.com in Chrome, you can still tap the mic and do a voice search just like in the Search app, but your results will be opened in a Chrome tab instead of the Google Search app.

OP
eagle923

eagle923

Reaction score
I knew it where it was opening but was hoping to be able to redirect web searches results to Chrome. Guess I'll have to do it the other way. I like the Voice Search icon as kind of a catch all button... oh well.

Thanks, Jonny.