Google Voice not working right - i send but it gets stuck in send mode

droidx2010

Reaction score
Recently, I've been trying to send message from Voice but it gets stuck in send & a message pops up to force close or wait. Does anyone know what may be wrong? Maybe some of my phone settings are messed up???

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I don't use GV, but I would try clearing the data and cache of the APP from your Settings>Apps>Downloaded>Click on the APP clear data/cache.

Also doing a battery pull for 10 seconds and put it back in and see if you still have the problem.

OP
D

droidx2010

Reaction score
I don't use GV, but I would try clearing the data and cache of the APP from your Settings>Apps>Downloaded>Click on the APP clear data/cache.

Also doing a battery pull for 10 seconds and put it back in and see if you still have the problem.
No - that didn't work. Already tried that.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Can you send and receive messages fine from when you log into GV online?

les017

Reaction score
I have had this same issue on my Bionic (rooted stock) for the past couple of months. It seems to have mostly started at the same time I tried using Green Power battery saver. I finally deinstalled Green Power and the issue with GV is virtually gone, although it will still seem to stumble, or at least take a bit for a message to complete sending sometimes. The issue NEVER happened using the GV web client.

Here's a couple things I've noticed:

Sending the first message in the morning from the phone, using a current conversation, would usually cause the worst problem. Seemed GV would get hung as it tried to reconcile making the new thread for that recipient. Letting it time out and then press "refresh" would usually work, but result in the recipient getting a double text.

If I REALLY wanted to keep a single conversation thread going with a certain user, I'd make sure that the first text I sent each morning was done from the web client. For some reason that would go thru fine AND keep the previous day's thread ongoing.

As I spoke to my recipients, it seems that the original text actually DID go thru, but the phone app never got the completion signal. Therefore when I'd hit refresh the app would send a duplicate of the "failed" text.

I'll sure be glad when some of this hangout-voice-talk-chat-G+message-Gmail business is sorted and either combined or properly integrated.