google voice not refreshing automatically in froyo

angelman

Reaction score
I am probably missing something obvious here but Google voice is no longer refreshing automatically. I am not getting any text messages unless I manually refresh.
I got the new Froyo ROM for the Droid and apart from that everything is working flawlessly.
I know that google voice used to only update every 5 minutes but I thought it used to be a setting you could change but now it had changed to a push system or something like that. I never had a problem before moving to froyo

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I am sure that is something I should have found myself in the pages and pages of froyo related stuff. I appreciate you coming back with a quick answer for me though.
I am always a little reticent to apply new ROM updates for fear of losing everything I have setup already. Would I lose my OC kernel with this?

BadWolf

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I am sure that is something I should have found myself in the pages and pages of froyo related stuff. I appreciate you coming back with a quick answer for me though.
I am always a little reticent to apply new ROM updates for fear of losing everything I have setup already. Would I lose my OC kernel with this?

You won't lose anything. All it does is replace system files. No need to wipe data/cache before installing.

arw01

Reaction score
I did just that last night, no wipe, no cache clear. Got my GV sms notifications within a few seconds of sending them again! yeah. Also I think it cleaned up voice recognition for bluetooth dialing quite a bit too.