Google Voice - Real time notifications possible?

myk.robinson

Reaction score
With the Google Voice app, is it possible to get real time notification of text messages and voicemails? I see where I can adjust the refresh rate to as low as every five minutes, but I prefer to receive the notification as soon as the text is actually received.

I did find that if I set GV to forward SMS to my email, I receive it by email instantly, then about five minutes later GV notification will popup with the same message.

Any ideas or workarounds?

Thanks,
-myk

les017

Reaction score
Not really a work around but I simply torn off google voice notifications all together and deal with it all through gmail. set up a couple of filters on gmail to automatically label a voicemail and sms then when the gmail notifications come in I simply archive and use that as an alert to go look at voicemail our use the gmail to respond to sms

thistle

Reaction score
The GV app (by Evan Charlton) allows notifications within a minute. It's pretty rare that an event occurs just after the app polls so notifications are usually less than a minute in my experience. It's not real-time but more than sufficient imo.