Google Voice for texting

Reaction score
Hey all, I use Google voice for texting... i have removed all other texting...
I want to know if anyone knows of an app that will (For lack of better word), proxy my texing..? I have a hard time reading the Google voice screen... I would rather use a different app with different color, brightness, etc... and from what I see I can't change that in google voice text.... ???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stopped using Google Voice for texting. I got unlimited texting from Verizon for free with my new payment plan.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/95195-new-unlimited-plan-big-red.html

Now you'll notice this is a very long thread. That's because not everybody gets it. You may have to be a bit persistent but it will give you the free texting and reduce your bill a few dollars. If you have multiple phones you could get big savings.

Oh and to answer your question, I don't think there is anything.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest looking into the hacking section for GV with inverted colors.

Aside from that, I save $20 a month with GV.

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
I have GV installed on my Droid with the GV voicemail setup but I cannot figure how to use it for texting??? There is no option to send a text any help??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rneal_ra

Reaction score
Open the GV app and then click the settings button and choose compose. You can then choose the user to send to and type your message.
Hope this helps!

ajbattaglia83

Reaction score
Open the GV app and then click the settings button and choose compose. You can then choose the user to send to and type your message.
Hope this helps!

I don't have a compose option? I don't think I have it setup right

blueridge

Reaction score
how does one set it up to handle all SMS? im on a motorola droid..