Google Talk losing connection?

M1dnite

Reaction score
When I am using my droid my google talk loses it's connection a lot. I go off and online, and I get messages going to my email instead of my google talk, I'm not sure if it's due to my screen turning off, but that should not matter, it should always stay connected.

Anyone else with this problem?

nbucko

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I had a friend at a computer telling me that I was on and off all day long. I disabled the stock GTalk and switched to Meebo IM and don't have that problem anymore.

OP
M

M1dnite

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. I had a friend at a computer telling me that I was on and off all day long. I disabled the stock GTalk and switched to Meebo IM and don't have that problem anymore.

How is it?

I was thinking about making the move, but I think i'd lose alot of my native things. I want to keep it stock as possible for integrated apps.

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
What phone do you have and what rom are you running? I had this problem when I was running an improperly formatted theme over my rom with bb v0.4. I switched to ssv4.5 and have not had a problem since.

Sent from my droid using Tapatalk

benDrexl

Reaction score
Us Droid X users are stuck with the stock ROM (for now). My earlier link has info from a user experiencing the same issue on an X while signed in on a PC via the google talk client (I'm using Digsby), so I'm guessing this is an issue with multi-presence on a PC and Droid stock GTalk client.

itsdestiny

Reaction score
Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

benDrexl

Reaction score
Droid or X?

nbucko, are you on a Droid 1 or a Droid X? Were you signed in on a PC with the same GTalk ID simultaneously?

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I had the same problem running the leaked 2.2 OTA on my Droid1. What I found out is that if I had my WiFi connected and working that GTalk would not connect. Shutting off WiFi fixes the problem. While on WiFi all other data applications would be working perfectly with the exception of GTalk. I have only seen this on my corporate wifi so I will need to try on other networks to see if wifi is the culprit or not.

itsdestiny

Reaction score
I'm on Droid X (unrooted stock 2.1) and I've had this issue from the beginning. I don't run Gtalk simultaneously with PC so there shouldn't be a problem... but connection goes on and off. I also notice when this happens the bars go from 3G to 1X... but all other connections are fine.

I had a Droid before using the phone with Gtalk at the same locations with no problem.

inthefad3

Reaction score
I have been surferring with this same issue recently, mostly while at work. It looks like tis may be related to Wifi at least in my case. I turned off wifi since I use only 3G at work and for now the message has stopped appearing.