Google Talk: Always Idle?

ry729

Reaction score
Hi All. I noticed something yesterday with Google Talk app. On my droid I set my status to available (green dot). However, if I am signed on to talk ONLY on my droid (i.e. I am not signed on to gmail on a computer at the same time), other people view my icon as the orange idle icon on their end. I verified this with a lot of my friends and this is indeed the case. I tried signing off all other instances via gmail and that didn't make a difference.

So in short: if I'm signed on to Google Talk via Droid only, the status on my droid screen will show a green dot, but people are actually viewing it as a consistent orange idle dot (regardless whether or not I have the app running on the screen or in the background). Has anyone else experienced this?? I find it quite annoying.

-r

xxfire

Reaction score
Are you talking on it ?
Cause if your not talking on it.. but idle.. then your idle....

OP
R

ry729

Reaction score
Yup, I talk to people on it and i ask all of them (even viewed w/ my own eyes)...throughout the whole conversation I stay orange/idle. The only time I ever go to green is basically when I sign on to gmail on my laptop.

reedux

Reaction score
im having the say problem.. my g talk is also constantly logging me off and losing connections. phone issue or app issue?