Google Sign in Fail after 2 Step Verification

stonecold

Reaction score
I completed the Google 2 step verification process yesterday and it worked well for my desktop, laptop and Chrome logins...but my Droid now has a sign-in error prompting me for a gmail login (not the 'code generated by your mobile device' message that the others had)...and it WON'T ACCEPT my password. I've tried multiple times and confirmed that the password hasn't changed as it will accept it on my desktop/laptop, and also tried entering the 2 step verification code but NOTHING works....so it seems to be a bug with the Droid. ??

My Facebook app and note taking app still sync (both of which were updated by the 2 step verification) but my e-mail and calendar won't so the problem is specific to Google. Any help will be most appreciated!

OP
S

stonecold

Reaction score
Application-specific passwords

OK, I posted too early...I just dug deeper into the Google 2 step process and see that I needed to generate an application specific password for Gmail, not just the third party apps which is how it seemed. I did that and was finally able to sign in.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
I'm having trouble with Picasa on the D2 after using Google's two step. Uninstalled the account and reinstalled it, so far it works.
UPDATE 4/24/11 Apparently there is a problem on Google's end with the repeated requests to log in to the Picasa account from mobile. I had downloaded Picasa Tool Pro by Colifer Lab and there was a notice on the upgrade that it's not the Tool's fault, it's Google. After the latest request for verifying the password for Picasa about Friday, (4/22), there has been no more requests. Maybe Picasa Tool got Google's attention and they fixed it.

Last edited: