Google serves up some Android 3.0 Honeycomb!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
android3-honeycomb.jpg

One of the on going debates here on the forum has been "Will Honeycomb, the next major version of Android release as 2.4 or 3.0?" Well as if we haven't had enough excitement already today, Google drops a short preview of the new Android operating system and puts the argument to rest. Honeycomb will officially release as v3.0 of Android. Check it out in the video below!

[video=youtube;ikO8_CoD1T8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikO8_CoD1T8[/video]

Source: BGR

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
Can't watch video. Unfortunately engadget is saying Honeycomb is only gonna be for tablets.

Kineo

Reaction score

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It would actually kind of make sense if it was only for tablets because the way those buttons are always present would make it easier to have a tablet with no buttons but I don't think we'll actually be seeing phones with no capacitive or hard buttons. I could be wrong, but I'm just saying it does make sense. Maybe those devices that have been surfing websites with 2.4 (if they're actually real) will have some of the enhancements of Honeycomb but just have them on a phone.

Mooem

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait and see whether how this will pan out for phones if at all. I'm sure at on point they will converge if this is for tablets only or someone may even be able to port this over.

I must say, though, this looks pretty sleek! I just might pick up the Xoom if the price is right. Not a big fan of the clock font, though, or the bland back/home/menu icons on the bottom bar but I'm sure it'll grow on me (or if it's ever rooted at one point and modified ;)).

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Video is back up!