Google Search Bar Widget Question

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I noticed with android os v2.0 the google search bar was locked against the notification bar at the top of the screen. When I upgraded to 2.0.1 it moves slightly away from the top leaving a small gap. With 2.1 it still sits slightly away from the top but just recently, out of the blue, I noticed it was locked against the notification bar again. However, now, once again, there's a space between the top bar and the google search widget. Does anyone know if there's a way to make it lock against the top like it's supposed to and stay there? Or is this just an android glitch?

Below is a stock image which shows how the google search bar widget is supposed to be.

9efbafb4.jpg

======================================

cwzwack

Reaction score
I think most people just hit the magnifying glass in the bottom right hand corner to do a google search so the widget isn't used

doublejack

Reaction score
+1. I don't bother with the widget. With the magnifying glass, what is the point of the widget? It just eats up screen space.

OP
xsylus

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Yea, I watched the keynote speech about Froyo on youtube and I noticed that the widget wasn't all the way at the top during the demos of Froyo. Plus I see why it will go up to the top and then later have a space. When you get a notification and you slide down the notification bar to view it that's what causes it to have a space between the bar and the widget. I guess it's better to just turn off the widget and use the search button. Thanks for the input.
------------------------------------------------