Google Search Widget

chrispt

Reaction score
For some reason today, when trying to use the Google Search Widget it will work fine the first time and then it seems to move the Google Search bar near the top, but it is unusable. You try to type in it and get nothing. It's almost like it is a remnant or something. Any thoughts?

OP
C

chrispt

Reaction score
Of course, after I rebooted and tried again I can't create the issue. It's almost like that process got hung or something. I was able to make it do it twice, but not just now.

OP
C

chrispt

Reaction score
It did it again. It doesn't do it all the time, but the way I "fixed" it was to drag the Google Search bar to the trash (which brings up the acore forcing quit message). I let it reset itself and then I add back the Google bar.

bacalao

Reaction score
Why keep the widget if you have a button dedicated for it?
But the widget is cool. I like to maximize some screen real estate.

turtleboyf

Reaction score
my google widget behaves in the same way....it happens every 3rd search or so. anyone have any updates?

Reaction score
Not really sure why it does that. But like bacalao said why use the widget. Just press the dedicated search key and it does the same thing. I have never had a problem with that. It seems that all widgets can run into problems seeing as they are somewhat constantly running.