Google Play Store won't 'load'.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Did a forum search, and a search on Google, but didn't see this issue addressed. Specifically, more than half the time I attempt to 'log on' to the Google Play Store, it will not load. The 'spinning circle' just keeps on spinning! And, on those occasions that it does load, it takes f o r e v e r to do so. Anybody have a clue what's up with that??

gregorz

Reaction score
Give screenshot of the issue

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Not sure what value it is, but here it is...

Screenshot.jpg

gregorz

Reaction score
And loading and loading?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9100 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried to Clear Data & Clear Cache from the Play Store? To do that open Settings > Apps > scroll over to All Apps > find Play Store & tap to open > you should see Clear Cache & Clear Data. Select both. If you do that, it will remove your password from the Play Store app. Reboot the phone, open Play Store & it should make you enter your password, and hopefully keep the password and work better. It should not hurt anything to try it.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
@ sajokaz, did as you suggested, and so far so good! DancingNexus Will see if it continues to load quickly. In the meantime, thanks a million. :hail:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@ sajokaz, did as you suggested, and so far so good! DancingNexus Will see if it continues to load quickly. In the meantime, thanks a million. :hail:

You are welcome. Glad to hear it's working better.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
A followup. Google Play is back to its old problem...will not load. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! :mad:

GotnFX

Reaction score
A followup. Google Play is back to its old problem...will not load. Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! :mad:

Do you have a lot of apps? It may suck but have you tried uninstalling apps? You may find one that is the culprit. Also, do you have the play store set to automatically add a widget to the home screen? What about auto update? Is it set to WiFi only? I know these are obvious questions/ suggestions but it doesn't hurt to throw them out there.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
First, thanks GotnFX for the suggestions, which are certainly not obvious to me! With respect to those suggestions...

1) No, I don't have a lot of apps. My phone is very lean in that regard (about 1 GB of app storage).
2) I do not have the play store set to automatically add a widget. Should I?
3) It is not set to WiFi only. Should it be?

By the way, if I clear the data (as suggested by sajokaz) it will load...but only until I reboot...then the problem reemerges.

Thanks again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear that was only a temp fix. Do you have any other play store apps installed, like the Amazon App Store? Something that might interfere with Play Store. Also, when you go to Settings > Accounts > Google > tap to open your Google account, are all "Sync" options checked?

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This must be a fairly common issue; a Google search brought a lot of references to forums and help websites all with similar issues. All of the troubleshooting tips have the common steps (some of them you have already tried):

• Play Store app ~ Clear Cache & Clear Data, then reboot the phone
• Settings > Apps > scroll to All apps > look for “Disabled” apps at the bottom of the list. Make sure that Download Manager is not disabled and also that anything “Google Play…” is not disabled
• Settings > Apps > Menu > Reset app preferences (this will reset all those “chose which app to open this…Just Once or Always” messages in case Play Store is not the default app for some action)
• And lastly, if none of the above work, remove your Google account. Settings > Accounts > tap Google to open > tap your account name / e-mail to open > Menu > Remove account. Then reboot the phone and the phone will either prompt you to re-add your Google account, or go back to Settings > Accounts and re-add your Google account and reboot the phone again.

I hope you can figure this out & get your phone working correctly. This must be very frustrating.

OP
rosariorose9

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Firstly, sajokaz, I SO much appreciate your time and effort in passing on all of the suggestions which you've offered. Your posts have been one heck of an education for me, and I've bookmarked this thread for future reference.

In any event, having tried everything else, finally 'bit the bullet', and removed and re-added my Google account....and, after more than a day, so far so good! Will see if this fix 'holds' for the next couple of days, and will check in on this forum to advise all of the results. This problem has plagued me (e.g., I'm prompted to update an app for which permissions are required, but am unable to log on to the Play Store to do so) for a good many months. So, if it will continue to work, consistently, I will be one happy camper!

Thanks again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You are welcome. Sharing knowledge and helping each other is what makes forums like this & others great. I hope your play store app works correctly from now on, hopefully a permanent fix. Hope you have a Happy New Year.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums