Google Play Store Problems

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Finally!!! Thank you, cupfulloflol! Backed up Google, removed and signed back in and just updated all my apps and everything seems normal again. Thanks again, I was getting worried.

Glad it worked.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can remove an account, and then restore it without a factory reset. Add or remove accounts - Android OS Help <-- it is talked about near the bottom there. A coworker buddy of mine had a wacky problem with the playstore, and this solved it for him. I do not recall if it was this specific problem, but I did do this for him and he was able to use the market properly.

Note this doesn't delete anything on your phone, for the few seconds you are logged out of your account you won't be able to use any of the google services though (which should be expected).

A factory reset would probably be my next thing to try.

cool - so basically the "temporary" removal evidently resets something, or so it seems?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
cool - so basically the "temporary" removal evidently resets something, or so it seems?

Yeah I am not entirely sure why this problem happens, or why removing/restoring the account works, but it apparently does. I really don't know what it does that various other things don't/can't do (clearing data for example), but I am not sure why the problem happens to begin with.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Is there a remote chance you could take a screen shot of the message the phone is displaying?

kegward

Reaction score
Whenever I try to open the play store it starts to load, and then closes and a black box pops up saying "unfortunately, the process com. google.process.gapps has stopped." I also can't run any updates because that message shows everytime anything trys to update on my phone.