Google Play Music issues

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
So i've been using Google music for awhile now because of its simplicity (and now its sound effects integration) but theres an annoying issue i have with it...
I have about 1400 songs on my phone, many were missing album names or had incorrect ones so i just used Itunes to delete all of my songs album names for contiguity but google music assigns them an album (music) and it causes all kinds of issues where i pick an artist, then it says to pick the album (music) but instead of showing me songs by that artist it shows ALL my music...
for example looking for songs by AC/DC

View attachment 49194

Then clicking on it gets me this which is ALL my songs, not just the ones by AC/DC

View attachment 49195

Even if i try to do it by searching i get this

View attachment 49196

Then-

View attachment 49197

And finally...

View attachment 49198

Any suggestions??? (i have 1400 songs so going back and re-assigning them album names myself isnt really an option...) So far i've tried wiping the music app data, rescanning media, uninstalling/reinstalling app...its odd because other music apps work just fine but i want to know if i can get google music to work

gesutton

Reaction score
So i've been using Google music for awhile now because of its simplicity (and now its sound effects integration) but theres an annoying issue i have with it...
I have about 1400 songs on my phone, many were missing album names or had incorrect ones so i just used Itunes to delete all of my songs album names for contiguity but google music assigns them an album (music) and it causes all kinds of issues where i pick an artist, then it says to pick the album (music) but instead of showing me songs by that artist it shows ALL my music...
for example looking for songs by AC/DC

View attachment 49194

Then clicking on it gets me this which is ALL my songs, not just the ones by AC/DC

View attachment 49195

Even if i try to do it by searching i get this

View attachment 49196

Then-

View attachment 49197

And finally...

View attachment 49198

Any suggestions??? (i have 1400 songs so going back and re-assigning them album names myself isnt really an option...) So far i've tried wiping the music app data, rescanning media, uninstalling/reinstalling app...its odd because other music apps work just fine but i want to know if i can get google music to work

Save yourself some time and don't bother with adding albums. I spent days with MediaMonkey assigning albums to my 10,000 audio files and still Google Play on Android shows all artists on an album. I have about 10 DVDs full of old-time-radio shows with dozens of artists per "DVD Album" so there is no way to just get a list of shows from one artist. My work around was to go to Google Play on a desktop and create a playlist for each artist. GP on the desktop works correctly and lists out songs by artist so it is fairly easy to select all songs under an artist and add them to a new playlist.