Google play "Device not compatible "

jayrod

Reaction score
This happened to me before either when I was running. 903, Liberty... or both and now it's doing it with. 232.
Was trying to D/L nova launcher from the Play store and got the"Your device is not compatible with this version "message, thus not allowing for D/L.. So I tried looking for something I already have installed..and got the same message. I did eventually get what I was looking for via a Google .apk search. I have cleared cache on the Google Play app, uninstalled updates, but the issue comes back. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk for sure but maybe you need to free up some memory?

I've seen this with some apps like a person wanting to download a Sims game.. she had to free up some memory .

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score
It's not just confined to my phone.
I get the same message when I use a computer and open Google play in a browser.. where it says " choose device " my Bionic is listed, however it is grayed out and when " install" is selected, the same message comes up.

It's not just Nova launcher, (which I do have installed via a Google search, email to phone, install)...but Dolphin browser and Handcent as well...both installed without issues on the first time I tried but according to the Play store, they also aren't compatible now and doesn't show it's installed .

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Im 99% sure it is because your pixel density (ppi) was changed. The stock ppi for the bionic is 256

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score
Although I did drop my LCD density to 200 via Rom Toolbox, if that were the case I don't think I would have been able to install via play on my phone in the first place, and I'm not sure it would matter to the play store via a computer browser..but, I did try again after setting the density back to stock and reboot.. still the same message.

sr.torres22

Reaction score
Had same issue when i changed lcd density as well. I had to do a factory reset on stock recovery. After that i was able to use Play to download apps again.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
You can change it using rom toolbox(best root app imo)

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score
You can change it using rom toolbox(best root app imo)

That's what I used :p

So,basically what I am hearing is even though I had set my resolution to 200 PRIOR with Rom Toolbox (and rebooted) opened Play for apps like Handcent,Dolphin and others and had zero issues with finding,and installing..now all of a sudden Google Play has decided that my resolution is too crisp to install from a computer browser as well? My screen resolution settings are backed up to Google? And if I want to search for other apps ( Handcent no longer shows up as a searchable app in Play,even though I downloaded,and installed it..and use it daily..was just checking to see what was up) I will have to factory reset my phone? Is Google run by Skynet now? :p

drew96dawg

Reaction score
No factory reset should be needed just use rom toolbox and change it to 256ppi and then reboot and you should be good to go.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Although I did drop my LCD density to 200 via Rom Toolbox, if that were the case I don't think I would have been able to install via play on my phone in the first place, and I'm not sure it would matter to the play store via a computer browser..but, I did try again after setting the density back to stock and reboot.. still the same message.

Also did you uninstall all play store updates and clear data?

OP
jayrod

jayrod

Reaction score

That was the first thing I tried .. with no results.
I understand that different app configurations, tweaks, etc. can cause certain results to vary from user to user but ultimately it isn't that big of a deal. Googling for. Apks works too. I'm just tying to see if anyone running ICS. 232 is having the same issue.

maaybraak

Reaction score
drew96dawg said:

Taking this step has solved many an issue for me as far as corrupt data and the like...

Sent from my ICED. 235 DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums