Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
It is your prerogative!!! This phone is selling out all over the place!!! Delayed and on Back order!!! I going for it just waiting for it to get delivered!!! I have friends that already have it that are Nexus heads and they love it. No issues except for the Halo affect! No problems on Verizon LTE!

Some Google Pixel users are having issues with LTE connectivity
Band 4 is used in the U.S. by AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon, and there have been no problems reported in the states.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tech...google-pixel-pixel-xl-microphone-problems.htm
Redditor CMDR_Crispies says that they had the same problem with the Nexus 6P, and speculates that the microphone issue could stem from noise cancellation going haywire. The Redditor also notes that his Google Pixel does not seem to pick up sound, except for the camera app, which works normally. - See more at: Some Users Report Google Pixel, Pixel XL Microphone Problems

Last edited:

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It is your prerogative!!! This phone is selling out all over the place!!! Delayed and on Back order!!! I going for it just waiting for it to get delivered!!! I have friends that already have it that are Nexus heads and they love it. No issues except for the Halo affect! No problems on Verizon LTE!

Some Google Pixel users are having issues with LTE connectivity

https://www.google.com/amp/www.tech...google-pixel-pixel-xl-microphone-problems.htm
It's only sold out because carriers can finally sell it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have to slightly agree with Mustang. The only reason this phone is getting the love it is getting is because of the Note 7 going "fire bomb"

Look I loved the look of the pixel/pixel XL and will likely buy a pixel later down the line. But I just feel like Google did what they did 2 years ago by trying to go premium but lacking in a few areas to command premium pricing. To me that phone screams Nexus pricing. If that phone was priced at 649 for the 128version it would have been a winner.

In fact @Preach2k if the Note 7 was still available (say Samsung had a solid fix) which would you choose?

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have to slightly agree with Mustang. The only reason this phone is getting the love it is getting is because of the Note 7 going "fire bomb"

Look I loved the look of the pixel/pixel XL and will likely buy a pixel later down the line. But I just feel like Google did what they did 2 years ago by trying to go premium but lacking in a few areas to command premium pricing. To me that phone screams Nexus pricing. If that phone was priced at 649 for the 128version it would have been a winner.

In fact @Preach2k if the Note 7 was still available (say Samsung had a solid fix) which would you choose?
Note 7 of course!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState

PC747 The Note Series will always be my first choice. Then the Pixel ,followed by the V-20. I had hands on with the Pixel and I liked it over the LG-V20.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think its performance is obviously it's biggest plus to the phone ...no phone is perfect and there are always some things you don't like but end of day you have to be happy with it as your daily driver ... I truly believe next year will be a big upgrade for the Pixel !

iPhone Seven Plus