Google patent seems to show an all-glass, notchless Pixel 4 smartphone

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have we really become so lazy that we don't even want to touch our smartphone to interact any more?

This seems more novelty. Unless it helps the quick "wave" to flash time/notification function more consistently. That's the one wonky thing with my phone (because I often have the lockscreen disabled, which affects that gesture).
I don't think we have become that lazy, not as a whole. But I do think that phone companies have to try & do something to make new phones stand out. They have to have something new to sell, to market. There is only so much they can do with the same basic rectangular shape, glass screen, etc. Sure....you can stretch the dimensions a little here & there, make the screen a little more full screen, make different colors, make the camera round, make the camera square, etc. But all phones are still the same basic shape, the same basic size, glass screen, glass back, and so on. So companies like Google and Apple are trying hard to make something new & different; so they can advertise it and sell more phones.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm looking forward to seeing some new things... 2019 let's get it..

S10+ Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Want new? Make phones replace car keys. No reason to carry key phob when phones can do everything it can and more. My wife's lexus can be tracked, started, turned off and just about everything from her phone. Yet you still need keys to drive the car.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Want new? Make phones replace car keys. No reason to carry key phob when phones can do everything it can and more.

And smartwatches maybe even more. No need for any keys, at all.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I despise curved screens, they are a pain to use and can't put protector on them.

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 4 - REAL LIFE LOOK!
Google Pixel 4 Real life hands on look reveals the full design. 3d face scanner, minimal chin, project soli, 90Hz Screen & More.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9 using Tapatalk

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really want to like the pixel. There's just some things about it though that turn me away. I do like that 90 Hertz refresh rate, I hope we see that in a lot of other phones.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
They still don't have the best design there's no comparison with the Samsung and others ... 90 refresh is nice and they need to hit that face recognition with no issues .. camera I'm sure will be awesome ..

Note10+

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google PIXEL 4: Massive Leak Reveals All!

The new Google Pixel 4 series has just leaked out in real-life images that confirm that the phone will have a brand new camera and a real radar that will enable a gesture interface with unparalleled accuracy.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I have 0 interest in the "radar". I suppose it's useful if you're eating chicken wings.

Also, definitely not getting a phone that will expose me to MORE radiation when it's near me.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Google Pixel 4 - OFFICIAL TRAILER!

Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL will be unveiled in October, but we already have the official promotional video of the handset that showcases some key features of the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I like it! That orange one looks cool. The black one is sharp, but that shiny back panel looks like it could be a fingerprint magnet and get kind of messy pretty quick.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk