Google Music

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Anyone having problems streaming music from Google Music since rooting? I get FC every time I try since rooting. I haven't frozen many apps, especially not anything related to media playback. However, I did redownload the Android Overclock app, which I knew to have issues with Music on the X. But, all I've done is tweak the VMheap and wifi scan timing.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Music as well. No dice. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

pyro6128

Reaction score
Unfreeze everything, of it still d'art then you messed something up with droid overclock. You really shouldn't use apps like that unless they explicitly say its compatible

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r

Reaction score
I haven't tried google music since root but winamp and zumocast seem to work fine. I would try unfreezing things until it works I had a similar problem of the phone not detecting my hdmi when I ran the remove bloatware script from xda.

OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
I unfroze everything and had no luck. Im sure it was the Android Overlock app. I acted in haste thinking that changes to the framework wouldnt effect anything in this way. No problems with any other apps. Just cant stream from Google music, else i get a FC. Does winamp or any other apps support google music streaming from the cloud?

Also, anyway i can get my framework back to normal? I assume the best way would be to back up everything, boot into recov, wipe, and restore my apps and info to get back on track... once i root it again, of course. Might there be a simpler way tho?

wuwtk

Reaction score
Hello, I had a very similar issue with my droid 2 and google music force closing. It turned out to be the adblocker I was running that was causing it to force close, so I would try turning that off and seeing if that fixes the issue

OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Honestly, that was the first thing i did. =/ I had the same issue with my DX and that was the cause.

wuwtk

Reaction score
Well I dont know what is causing it at that point but one possible fix is this tool allows you to restore all your stock apps with the right permissions fairly easily. I had an issue with my stock sms app force closing and that fixed it without a problem.

OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Get this:

After responding to your post, i started thinking... what if the ad blocker in Android Overclock didnt truly undo the blocking of ads when i turned it off? Because, the ad blocker issue makes the most sense.

So, i downloaded a real ad blocker app and applied it in hopes it might sort out the hostfile. And that did it! I got my ads blocked AND my google music is streaming correctly.

Thanks for the post. Even tho i had already turned off my ad blocker (in theory), you got me thinking about it more which led to the fix.

Phew.

brkshr

Reaction score
I had tried removing adblocker with no avail. But what worked for me is installing AdFree from the market. It fixed Google Music FC's and I get even less ads than just enabling adblocker.