Google Maps - save locations?

rdalemercer

Reaction score
How do you - or can you - save the locations that were keyed in to the Google Maps? I would like to be able to save my "searched" locations but haven't seen a method to do so?

heem

Reaction score
that would be cool for the NAV feature too - with voice cues attached.. especially for "home" you could say "NAVIGATE HOME!" from anywhere and get home.

monkeydog

Reaction score
I don't believe there is a history feature with the google nav, however on the home screens you can add a shortcut to a location which will instantly start the navigation when you touch it. Just choose add, shortcuts, directions and fill out the info for where you want the shortcut to route to and you can put it anywhere on the home screens, including folders (I made a folder full of location shortcuts).

andjarnic

Reaction score
Love that feature. You can also do this for instant dials.. so you can basically have 1-touch fast dial (speed dial) or a folder full of them and simply 2-touch speed dial.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Great, here's my dumb question about it. How do I rename the folder?

Danthok

Reaction score
Just do a long press on the folder toolbar and it will pop-up.

smolander

Reaction score
I don't believe there is a history feature with the google nav, however on the home screens you can add a shortcut to a location which will instantly start the navigation when you touch it. Just choose add, shortcuts, directions and fill out the info for where you want the shortcut to route to and you can put it anywhere on the home screens, including folders (I made a folder full of location shortcuts).

GREAT TIP!!! I just set up a folder for locations and another for contacts! Great way to keep those frequently used items handy without using alot of home page landscape.

Thanks!

arcsum68

Reaction score
There is a solution out there somewhere, I saw it but didn't try it. I will look for it and post back if I find it.