google maps 3.2.1

mizark

Reaction score
I see google just dropped a new version of google maps 3.2. 1 that can also work with 1.6. The version on the droid is 3.2.0. Does anyone know if there are any benefits to upgrading or will we loose some features if we do. When i see it in the marketplace it does not say upgrade available like other app. Is this cuz its factory installed?

OP
M

mizark

Reaction score
since it does not give u an option to upgrade when u installed does it say u have to uninstall other version or do u now have 2 version?

DroidPilot

Reaction score
According to Google,

The maps release is primarily for Windows Mobile and Symbian S60 mobile platforms.

see the release and install notes here - Release notes (version 3.2.x) - Mobile Help

From looking at the feature specs it seems as if this is an update in these platforms to get them up to speed with what it factory installed on the Droid.

You probably won't hurt your device from this upgrade on your Droid - but it seems of little value for Droid users since the major reason for this update is for MS Mobile and S60 devices.

My guess is that is why your device is not registering an "Update available" message on your Droid.

Prost!
Doug