Google just stopped working,everything else is fine

mdroid2g

Reaction score
So I was cleaning up some files on my bionic and screwed it all up so I did a FR. Everything was fine until google stopped loading and would basically just not respond when I hit go after entering a word in the search area. All other internet related pages and apps are fine even igoogle works flawlessly.
It takes a reboot to correct this issue and then it only works once oe twice before i just stops loading for some reason.
I also noticed it will not allow me to go back to google using the back button after a few clicks from google, it will just get me back to the first page after the google then will shut the browser instead of going back pne more to the google page.
I figure i have a setting turned off or something and am hoping someone can help....i use google constantly and this is bugging me.
Thanks, I hope its a simple fix.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
That drives me friggin crazy... and it just started recently... like before christmas-ish.... I do a Google search in the browser and it gives me a list of results... I click the first result and it's not what I wanted to see so I hit the back button to see the search results page again... AND IT WON'T GO BACK!!! that is the most frustrating thing mankind has ever let happen to me when I'm trying to answer a question before somebody else at work to look smart... DAMMIT!!!!!!!!

but anyways... I don't think it's a problem with the phone... or the browser application... I think it's something Google changed with the mobile interface exchange or something... my wife's Droid 3 does it too... and it seems to come and go at random times... of course it will always happen when I need it the most or I'm in a hurry...

Haven't had your other problem of not loading at all...

I used dolphin hd browser for awhile and never had the problem there... but I like the stock browser... I don't wanna switch just for this problem!!!!

No modifications to my phone recently... rooted since I bought it... bloat removed... no factory resets or nuthin

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

open the browser... make sure you're signed into Google in the browser... scroll down and click settings on the Google home page .... scroll down to "Google instant".... select "do not use Google instant".... make sure you scroll down and save the setting

hell yeah!!! My browser is working way better with the instant turned off... that's how it used to work as default... I bet Google changed the default setting to "use instant" and I just never noticed...

Edit: so now I've been using my browser Google search for awhile and I'm lovin the difference this made... the page loads quicker and everything is back to speedy smoothness ...

Show some "likes" if I did somethin right y'all... I been on here a million years and I feel like I finally had something to contribute

Last edited:
OP
mdroid2g

mdroid2g

Reaction score
Awesome i remember turning that on. I hope it helps the no load issue. Thanks.

jackel440

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

open the browser... make sure you're signed into Google in the browser... scroll down and click settings on the Google home page .... scroll down to "Google instant".... select "do not use Google instant".... make sure you scroll down and save the setting

hell yeah!!! My browser is working way better with the instant turned off... that's how it used to work as default... I bet Google changed the default setting to "use instant" and I just never noticed...

Edit: so now I've been using my browser Google search for awhile and I'm lovin the difference this made... the page loads quicker and everything is back to speedy smoothness ...

Show some "likes" if I did somethin right y'all... I been on here a million years and I feel like I finally had something to contribute

You are a life saver!!!!!!!!!:hail:
I have been trying to figure this out for along time now ,and it was driving me freaking crazy!:mad:
So glad I can go back to the search page and not the last damn page i was on.:biggrin: