Google Contact sync issue

azfreak

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering how abouts i go correcting the process that happened on my new droid not rooted.

I synced the contacts from backup assistant and then linked them to my gmail account and got them to my phone via that process.

The issue i have is the fact that majority of my contacts have the number as a note rather than just has their number by default after the synch. Additionally is there a way to like link contacts wiht the name name like on the droid 2 because i have for example 2 John Smiths and one has the number and information and the other is linked to his facebook, twitter, etc with his picture. but when i get a text from john it has the account with the number and no picture.

all help to a noobie would be appreciated

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering how abouts i go correcting the process that happened on my new droid not rooted.

I synced the contacts from backup assistant and then linked them to my gmail account and got them to my phone via that process.

The issue i have is the fact that majority of my contacts have the number as a note rather than just has their number by default after the synch. Additionally is there a way to like link contacts wiht the name name like on the droid 2 because i have for example 2 John Smiths and one has the number and information and the other is linked to his facebook, twitter, etc with his picture. but when i get a text from john it has the account with the number and no picture.

all help to a noobie would be appreciated

Ugh, I hate that Verizon made their backup available on the Droid 2. I've seen too many issues with this.

Sometimes my pictures don't come in, I don't know why. Anyway the only way i know for you to resolve your contact problem is to go into your gmail account on line and cut and paste the numbers.

Maybe somebody else will have a better idea.

OP
A

azfreak

Reaction score
Yeah I've been doing that so far was hoping I didn't have to go through all my contacts copying and pasting

th9203

Reaction score
Look at Contacts in GMAIL online

Go online and log into your GMAIL account.
Open up Contacts.
Under More Actions select Find and Merge Contacts

Run this and it will present you with a list of POSSIBLE duplicates that it will merge for you. You do not need to do all of that cut and pasting by hand. :icon_ banana: