Google Checkout in Marketplace major issue

oopslolz

Reaction score
I've been trying in vain for the past 3 days to purchase the GBCoid app so I can play Pokemon on the go (like i'm 10 years old again) and everytime I enter the creditcard info it gives me an error saying "Invalid Month or Year" in the exp date. It is definitely the right date and it has given me this error also with 3 of my friend's cards.

Has anyone had this issue? I googled it and couldnt find anything really and I have no idea who to contact about it to help. Apps install and run fine, I just can't buy any.

OP
oopslolz

oopslolz

Reaction score
Does anybody atleast know who I can contact (verizon? google?) about this?

Reaction score
Is it from a foreign vendor and are you using AMEX? I had a problem once buying something outside of the USA using AMEX. Try a diff. card.

There is a google contact for the market (not sure) where I found it but it will take them time to get back to you .

Silver Member
Reaction score
do you have a different card you can try?

try this:

go to
  1. gmail.com
  2. click on settings
  3. click on accounts and import
  4. at the bottom of the page, click the link for "Visit your Google Account settings to reset your password, change your security question, or learn about access to other Google services."
  5. click on edit payment method
  6. add a new payment method and make it default.

OP
oopslolz

oopslolz

Reaction score
Is it from a foreign vendor and are you using AMEX? I had a problem once buying something outside of the USA using AMEX. Try a diff. card.

There is a google contact for the market (not sure) where I found it but it will take them time to get back to you .

Pretty sure it's not outside the US but I tried three different cards, 2 visas and a MC. All with the same invalid year or month error. i'm just really confused and frustrated by this. my one real gripe with the phone thus far

Reaction score
Here you go:

Google Checkout Team
[email protected]

Thank you for reporting a bug or system issue to the Google Checkout team.
While we review all reports, we are unable to respond to each case
individually. If you require a response, please review these alternate
support resources:

- For general support documentation, visit our Help Center at
Google Checkout Buyer Help

- Review a list of quick tips that resolve common issues at
General Troubleshooting - Google Checkout Buyer Help

- For order related issues, review guidelines and file a claim for
mediation at
http://checkout.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=mediation