Google + chat on my Droid

rzunig1

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1.
This is odd, but here it goes...
Ever sicne I started using Google + on my home laptop, people in my circles have been starting chats with me (I'm guessing it's Google chat), but I only get these chat requests on my Droid. I can chat fine with them on my Droid, but when I touch the return to go to another app on my phone, there is no longer any way to get back into the chat program, so I end up waiting until they send me another message, to continue the chat. I never installed Google+ on my phone, but now any chat requests only show up on my phone, and I never get anything on my laptop.
My questions are:
1. Where is this chat program on my Droid, and/or how do I start/stop/configure this chat program on my own, on my droid?
2. I never installed Google+ or google chat on my droid, so I'm going to assume that the chat program is on my droid by default, but I looked through all of the settings under my google mail account on my droid, and see nothing about chat, so why are my chats only working on my droid?
3. I am using google+ on my laptop, and I can look at the chat history and see any chats that I had on my phone, but why are chat requests not coming up on my laptop?
4. Finally, I have logged out of chat via google+ on my laptop, but I am still logged in on my droid, and I'd like to disable chat or at least be able to log out of it on my phone.

I'm new to google+, so any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should be Google Talk. Listed as "Talk" in your apps list.

OP
R

rzunig1

Reaction score
Thanks!! That's it. Found it and configured it. Nice and simple!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
On your PC you should be able to view your Google profile and see the chat history as well.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
R

rzunig1

Reaction score
I can, and mentioned that in my original post. :biggrin: