Google Calendar Sync Question

Mitchdu78

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and I am having trouble syncing my Google Calendar completely. The phone syncs my personal google calendar just fine, but it has stopped syncing my wife's calendar which I have subscribed to through my calendar.

When I first got the phone it did sync my wife's calendar, but it has stopped randomly for some reason.

I have gone into the calendar setting menu and it indicates that her calendar is synced and visible, but nothing is being displayed on my main calendar screen.

Thank you for any help or advice.

Reaction score
I use launcher pro plus calendar widget and it updates instantly, that's weird. Trying deleting and recreating the widget if that's what it is

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am not sure that I can help you but I am going to give it a go.......

I have a D1 and on my phone in settings is "Accounts & Sync" in there you can see my google account and facebook account. When I click on my google account it has a list consisting of: Contacts, Calendar, Email; and there is a box next to each. Look there to see if both your calendars are listed and that the box is checked. Then you can (I dont remember exactly here) either hit the menu key here and "sync now" appears or back out one screen and hit the menu key and "sync now" should appear. Try that and see if that works.

In addition, do you have a task killer on your phone? If so, get rid of it. They are not needed with the Android OS but they seem to cause a lot of conflicts and eat batteries.

My last suggestion would be a battery pull to basically soft reboot the phone.

Hopefully one of these suggestions will work.

Joker

Reaction score
Sometimes I find it helps to just unsync/hide and then re-sync under your stock calendar app hit menu>more>calendars>(find your wife's calendar and tap on the buttons to cycle through the settings from both synced and visible all the way around back to both being synced and visible.

If that doesn't work I usually try to clear cache and data under "manage applications"

kiwim0n

Reaction score
Manual calendar sync worked, but how to automate?

I am using ActiveSync to synchronize my calendar on my Droid with a corporate Exchange calendar. Email sync is happening all the time, but calendar syncs don't. More specifically, new calendar items show up on my Droid, but if something gets deleted server-side, it doesn't go away on my Droid calendar.

The following worked to force a re-sync of my calendar:
-Menu
-Settings
-Accounts & Sync
-Exchange ActiveSync
-Sync now

In that same screen, I see: "Schedule: As items arrive". I'm going to try changing that to "Every 10 minutes" and see if that addresses the calendar sync issue.