Google Calendar Invitations

kyman856

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am an extremely new member, but I was hoping you could help me. Whenever I add an event on my phone (to one of my numerous calendars) then go to my PC, it asks me if I would like to accept an invitation for that event. I did many tests and if I create an event on my PC, it shows up on my phone just fine. But when I make one on the Droid, it asks for an invitation on the PC.

This is becoming rather frustrating...any help is appreciated

iunknown

Reaction score
Try,
google calendar->settings_>mobil setup
and
gmail->settings-> turn on imap settings.

OP
K

kyman856

Reaction score
Try,
google calendar->settings_>mobil setup
and
gmail->settings-> turn on imap settings.

Thanks for this. but sadly it didn't help. When I make a new event from my droid, the calendar on my PC comes up with "Going? Yes | Maybe | No"

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score
I'm having exactly the same problem - very frustrating.

Running 2.0.1 on Droid

timsy321

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem. When I create an event on my Droid, it syncs fine with Google Calendar, but also shows me as a meeting attendee and says "Yes, I am coming". This event shows up a tentative invitation in Outlook and i am unable to edit it. If I create an event from within Google Calendar (via the web) everything works fine and it does not create an invitation or tenative event on my calendar. There is obviously an issue with how the Droid creates events.

I am also running 2.0.1.

Any help would be awesome!

I hope that 2.1 fixes this. Is anyone else having similar problems?

SirSyeco

Reaction score
I hadnt even setup a google calender when I got the droid all setup. It works as intended.

I then setup my GF's calender for her, and used the "mobile" setup option in the Google Calender (online from my pc) because she has a env3 and not a smart phone. For her, the system is different than it is for mine.

So I ask you, did you setup your Calender through Google online? Or did you set it up through your phone? If you set it up through the web, I'd say maybe try going back and deleting everything through the web and start over on the phone.

timsy321

Reaction score
SirSyevo,
I previously had a Google Calendar setup. So you went through the wizard and had the phone create a Google Calendar for you? And you can create an appointment on your Droid and it will sync correctly to Outlook (not as a tentative invitation)? If this i so, i will delete my calendar and recreate it via the phone - but I doubt the Droid requires every user to recreate their calendars in order for it to work properly.

Thanks for the reply!

mas90guru

Reaction score
This happens on my Droid with 2.01 as well. Here's a sample image as seen through Google Calendar on my desktop.

droid-google-calendar-problem.jpg

SirSyeco

Reaction score
I don't sync with outlook anymore so I can't say if that is the case it. For Google Calender it does work fine. I create apts all day on my phone and they are always perfect in Google online and vice versa. The ones that I set on my phone, even show up on my Gf's just fine. I've never had one issue with attendee's or invitation's etc.

I have no idea what Droid requires for the calenders per se, but I know how easy it was/is for me in practice. My guess would be that there is some setting in the Calender online that is making things complicated.

timsy321

Reaction score
It really isn't an error, just an annoyance. The Droid creates events in a way that Google Calendar (via the web) can handle properly. But when you try and sync that same calandar using Google Calendar Sync with Outlook the events show up as Tentative and it will not allow you to properly edit the task because it does not think that you are the owner of the "Invitation" or event. I'm not sure why they would design the calendar to create events different than the way that the web version of Google Calendar does?

I have to use Outlook every day for work and it is really nice to be able to have my Google Calendar synced properly with Outlook.

JayMonster

Reaction score
This appears to happen on anything other than the default calendar attached to an account. If you go into that calendar's settings and choose Auto-Accept Invitations that do not conflict, you no longer need to worry about accepting them.

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync tasks from google calendar? with google not with a third party app?

thanks

timsy321

Reaction score
I believe I am using my default calendar in Gmail to sync. It is named "Calendar" and is the only calendar that I have. Also, under Calendar Settings > General > Automatically add invitations to my calendar: I have "Yes" checked". Is there another setting that I am missing?

Thanks JayMonster!

JayMonster

Reaction score
Is there a way to sync tasks from google calendar? with google not with a third party app?

thanks

gTasks - Beta (in the market) syncs tasks, but it is still a work in progress. No notifications, etc... but it does sync the tasks.

timsy321

Reaction score
Here is a screenshot of what my Outlook Calendar looks like after I succesfully synced it with my Google Calendar. The Droid Test Event was created on my Droid phone - and the Supper Event was created via the web using Google Calendar.

Last edited: