Google Brings in Experienced Marketing Exec Ivy Ross to be New Head Of Google Glass

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ivy_Ross.jpg

It looks like Google is getting even more serious about turning Google Glass into an actual consumer driven product. They just hired one of the most experienced Marketing Execs on the planet to head their Google Glass project. Ivy Ross was most recently Art.com’s Chief Marketing Officer, but before that she had several high-level marketing positions at some big companies like: Mattel, the Gap, Disney, Coach and Old Navy.

Her most applicable experience comes from the 90's where she was the Vice President of design and development for Outlook Eyewear at Bausch & Lomb. She will supposedly be working directly for Google co-founder Sergei Brin. Can this marketing heavy hitter transform the Google Glass from a geek niche product to the next "must-have" gadget? Sound off with your perspective.

Source: TechCrunch

jspradling7

Reaction score
Glass gets a ton of negative press and comments. Most of it from people who have never seen it let alone worn it. I've had mine for a good while now and I'm still amazed at the reactions it gets. If I wear it into a restaurant people at other tables watch me like they're trying to catch me taking their picture. People will actually stare and stop talking when they see you. They must think it's actively recording full time. But there are the few that smile and say "Wow, is that those... what do they call those things?" And they always want to try them.

They hired the best and they'll need her to get people to stop being afraid of them. Good luck to her.

Tonik

Reaction score
We have been testing one for some time work. They are going to have to get it to do more also. It really doesn't do a whole lot for what it costs. Even at half the price it just isn't worth it.

jspradling7

Reaction score
True. It does need to advance a little more quickly than it is. I wear prescription lenses and I had them installed in my Glass so I wear it more now than I used to. And that has in turn made me get more attached to it. It just so happens that the lenses in my Glass are the best lenses I have so I'll even wear Glass with it turned off. The battery lasts a long time that way too. lol