google bookmarks ?!?!

H

harpjames35

What is up with these phones and this OS that google has had so much involvement with not syncing your google bookmarks? Seems like a very practical google service that they seem to have overlooked.

I have seen one app that displays your google bookmarks but won't allow you to add or sync. Just a viewer. Am I missing an app that will do this? If they can sync picasa, calendar and other pieces of google data why the hell did they overlook the bookmarks???

lyam

Reaction score
The dolphin browser will sync with Google bookmarks. That's the best option I've seen as of yet.

PJay801

Reaction score
Try MyBookmarks from the marketplace. It will import your PC bookmarks onto your Android phone.

OP
H

harpjames35

Try MyBookmarks from the marketplace. It will import your PC bookmarks onto your Android phone.

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. Google bookmarks let's you store your bookmarks on googles cloud and let's you access them from any computer. I don't want to import my pc bookmarks to phone (I don't even use favorites on pc, just google bookmarks). I just want my bookmarks to all be in the same place. If I add new bookmark on droid I want that bookmark to also be viewable from computer via google bookmarks.

Not too big of a fan of dolphin. I like the android browser better. Just figured this should have been built in.

lyam

Reaction score
Yeah, I hear you. I prefer the stock browser as well. You could always login to bookmarks.google.com. Not ideal, but functional on the go.

Thanks but that's not what I'm looking for. Google bookmarks let's you store your bookmarks on googles cloud and let's you access them from any computer. I don't want to import my pc bookmarks to phone (I don't even use favorites on pc, just google bookmarks). I just want my bookmarks to all be in the same place. If I add new bookmark on droid I want that bookmark to also be viewable from computer via google bookmarks.

Not too big of a fan of dolphin. I like the android browser better. Just figured this should have been built in.

OP
H

harpjames35

Yeah, google bookmarks mobile site will have to hold me over by at least letting me view them. But I still can't add a page I am viewing on my phone to my google bookmarks page. Oh well. Maybe in my next life...

Flyer91

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem and (after doing a search of the web) I see that many people are having the same problem.
All works sort of semi-OK the first time, but if you make any changes to your desk top bookmarks in chrome, then try to sync ..... it just doesn't work, and just keeps adding "Other Bookmarks" folders to the Xoom bookmarks, but with nothing it in them.
This really sucks!