Google Apps Mobile Sync

RiotSauce

Reaction score
I know the phone is an EVO 4 but this is a general android question: Just bear with me.

For the sake of clarity-- I will write things as if it were my phone, I've seen the admin control pages, etc, so I know what's going on.

I have my EVO 4G-- I have my domain and I have it set up with Google Apps. I have Exchange set up-- My domain isn't hosted by Google per say, but I still have all my stuff synced with it. So when I enter in my stuff on my EVO, my user name would be [email protected] not info@googleapps (or whatever its called). I get it SET UP AND WORKING on my EVO. I get my contacts, my emails everything. Boom, that new OTA comes out, doesn't brick my phone, all is well. I realize though that I have to remove my account and re-enter it in. But now I get a message saying: Failed to create the account, please try again later. The account setup gets authenticated, but at the last second, I get that message. So I log onto Google Apps as the admin, I check that mobile devices are enabled etc.

Now here is the kicker-- I go into my profile, and I click on my name-- And I see associated mobile devices associated with my account-- I see the following devices:

PocketPC - My old HTC TouchPro that I re-configured just to make sure exchange was indeed working

Android - I can only assume my EVO

htcsupersonic <--Unreleased phone? lol

SO 3 mobile devices associated with the exchange profile--

So what I did then was hit remove and wipe devices-- I get a message saying "Are you sure?" Yes. Then it says the phones will be remotely wiped next sync. Now this is where it gets confusing-- does the next sync occur when I log in with the specific device? Or is it when the exchange servers resync? I left it there for 2 hours and it still said that the device was waiting to be wiped upon next sync-- It even gave me an option to cancel the wipe-- meaning that the wipe has not yet occurred-- I can only concluded that the only way to remove the device would be to indeed log in with the device so it will attempt a refresh and then get the hammer of Google thrown at it. And to be honest it all makes sense to the degree that exchange users cannot have multiple logins from the same device. But there is no button to "Forget device"

Any thoughts?

Edit** Solution attempts:
Tried resetting the login cookies with no success.

Last edited:
OP
R

RiotSauce

Reaction score
Bump?? :( Come on DF I know you got the skillz to solve this!