Google and LG are in Negotiations to Potentially Partner on a Nexus-style TV

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-ces-55tv-2.jpg

As you can see from the picture above, LG has really stepped up their game on OLED technology. The company that used to be Goldstar has developed into a formidable tech giant over the years and actually comes out with some pretty good products nowadays. They are now pushing hard into the high-end markets and becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Apparently, Google sees this and further sees some potential there. A new report from Bloomberg suggests that Google and LG are in talks to potentially partner up on a Nexus-style TV. Basically they are considering developing a Google TV-powered HDTV together in order to compete directly with Apple if Apple does indeed come out with some type of Apple TV. This would also be a boon for Google's fledgling Google TV efforts, as it would provide a Nexus-style Google branded piece of hardware that consumers could identify with, like the Nexus phones for Android.

In fact, LG just showcased a brand new OLED 55-Inch TV at CES recently that features some Google software powering it. This is something to watch out for!

On a separate note... it's too bad the girl doesn't come with the TV. ;)

Source: GoogleTVForums.org via BGR and Bloomberg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't see the appeal for a google/android or "smart" TV. With laptops, tablets and smartphones, do I really need my TV to do more than, you know, watching tv?

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I just got a 55" Samsung but if the price is right on this I'm definitely gonna have to think about selling the Samsung.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I just got a 55" Samsung but if the price is right on this I'm definitely gonna have to think about selling the Samsung.

I think the OLED will be in the price range of $5000-$8000 when they come out. That's probably like triple what you paid for your current TV.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yay! A Nexus TV! I'm waiting for my Nexus microwave after Google partners with GE. :biggrin: From here on out, I'm not buying anything unless it's a nexus. (I might not be getting a toothbrush for a while then...) ;)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yay! A Nexus TV! I'm waiting for my Nexus microwave after Google partners with GE. :biggrin: From here on out, I'm not buying anything unless it's a nexus. (I might not be getting a toothbrush for a while then...) ;)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

LOL. Nexus toothbrush... that's awesome!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
lg-ces-55tv-2.jpg

As you can see from the picture above, LG has really stepped up their game on OLED technology. The company that used to be Goldstar has developed into a formidable tech giant over the years and actually comes out with some pretty good products nowadays. They are now pushing hard into the high-end markets and becoming a force to be reckoned with.

Apparently, Google sees this and further sees some potential there. A new report from Bloomberg suggests that Google and LG are in talks to potentially partner up on a Nexus-style TV. Basically they are considering developing a Google TV-powered HDTV together in order to compete directly with Apple if Apple does indeed come out with some type of Apple TV. This would also be a boon for Google's fledgling Google TV efforts, as it would provide a Nexus-style Google branded piece of hardware that consumers could identify with, like the Nexus phones for Android.

In fact, LG just showcased a brand new OLED 55-Inch TV at CES recently that features some Google software powering it. This is something to watch out for!

On a separate note... it's too bad the girl doesn't come with the TV. ;)

Source: GoogleTVForums.org via BGR and Bloomberg

maybe the girl DOES come with the tv :wink:...a "nexus" girl, no manufacturer "skins" (clothes? lol), no "bloatware" (no added "baggage"), just pure 100% girl and easily unlocked (not even gonna say lol), rooted?, and modded? lmao :icon_ banana:

sorry, i couldnt help throwing this out (sorry girls :hail:)