Goodbye DNA

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I got my DNA back in January. It really is a beautiful phone.. the screen is awesome!
However, I have been having issues with my voicemail that VZW simply cannot fix. They said it's an issue with HTC and that 'some' DNA owners are reporting the exact same problem.
Tech support offered to switch me out to a Droid RAZR Maxx HD and I took it.
I simply cannot afford to have these voicemail issues continue any longer.

Bye bye DNA.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you use Verizon voicemail or third party voicemail?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off I'm not defending HTC but am stating an unfortunate fact. Many Verizon support reps don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.
That being said, can you elaborate on your voicemail issues? Perhaps the solution can be found here on the forum

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
Speeding Wheels

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The issue is this, I do not get any VM notifications on my phone. None. Zip, zero zilch.
I am using the stock VZW VM app and VZW VM service. I have gone through all of the steps. The option to toggle VM notifications does NOT appear in the setup when you go into VM. VZW has gone into the system and tried to toggle it on their end and it does not work.

Apparently HTC knows about this issue and has not responded to it to this point. Thus the option to switch to a RAZR Maxx HD was offered to me.

I know people want to think there is a solution, but in this case there was not. Every effort was put forward by somebody I am confident knew what he was talking about.. you can tell the good techs from the ones who are just there going through the motions. This guy knew his stuff.

The DNA is a very decent phone.. but I can't say I'm unhappy to get away from it.

jplemt

Reaction score
So when you open the stock messages app, click menu, then settings, there is no option for voicemail settings?
This is a software thing. The voicemail notification settings are under the stock messages, menu, settings, voicemail settings options.

pblakk

Reaction score
First off I'm not defending HTC but am stating an unfortunate fact. Many Verizon support reps don't know their butt from a hole in the ground.
That being said, can you elaborate on your voicemail issues? Perhaps the solution can be found here on the forum

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

The same can be said about any carrier.