Goodbye bettercut! Hello shortercut!

stangdroid

Reaction score
Got tired of not being able to edit my shortcuts as ready as before after I went to froyo. Found this new appon the market and it is so much better than bettercut. I can use icon packs for my lp dock! And I can even change my dolphin bookmarks too! I'm at work so I can't post a market link to it check it out.

JimmyD

Reaction score
FYI, you can change your LP dock icons right through LP... no additional apps required. Not sure if you knew that?

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
So... where do you get icons for it?

I use either an icon pack from the market, some that were made by others on this forum, or mostly from hockey over at xda forums. The thing I couldn't do before was use my icon pack for my dolphin bookmarks. Only the ones from my gallery. This new app seems faster than bettercut.

tu3218

Reaction score
FYI, you can change your LP dock icons right through LP... no additional apps required. Not sure if you knew that?

Every time I try to do that it just creates a regular icon on my home screen. It never actually changes the dock icon. Any suggestions?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Every time I try to do that it just creates a regular icon on my home screen. It never actually changes the dock icon. Any suggestions?

What ver LP are u running?

For a while now you can add custom icons to the 15 dock spots

tu3218

Reaction score

the latest version. I'll long press a dock icon, select bettecut, go to my activity, change the icon, create, then it just puts a new icon on my home screen instead of changing the dock icon.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

When you are adding icons to your dock in LauncherPro, press the spot you want to choose, select the application and then you will get a pop-up box that says default icon, launcherpro icons or custom icon...select custom icon and it will then take you into your gallery and you can select the folder that has the icon / pic you want to use. Select and you are done.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

the latest version. I'll long press a dock icon, select bettecut, go to my activity, change the icon, create, then it just puts a new icon on my home screen instead of changing the dock icon.

Select application - it will only change the icon for the dockbar not for the app drawer.

jokeefe10

Reaction score
changing the dock icons isn't the problem for me. i've having problems changing the default icons for apps in the app drawer to place on the homescreen. anyone have any ideas? bettercut wasn't allowing me to edit the icons.

papatar

Reaction score
can i get some help with shortercut. i downloaded a custom icon pack.zip and flashed it to my SD card in the 'shortercut' folder. i did a long press on my homescreen>shortcuts>shortercut and them i'm lost. i can't find the icon pack i loaded