going from d1 to d2 questions?

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i am updating to a droid 2 from a droid 1 and have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer for me please...first, im guessing is there still no way to overclock it past 1 gig? second, when i install a diff rom, that will take the moto blur off of it right? and third, i know there r a lot more roms and themes, etc for the d1 than the d2, but can i take some things from the res files from the d1 themes and put them in the files with the d2 themes and roms and it will still work as i do with the d1 roms? example is changing diff wifi signals and to the smily faces battery increments... i hope that makes sense..thanks guys

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. I'm 99% sure you can overclock it with JRummy's Droid 2/x Overclock app
2. Depending on which ROM, but sure, it will get rid of some or all of the motoblur
3. I have no idea, you'll have to wait for someone with more experience to chime in.

want a droid

Reaction score
My answers are the same as the guy above me:
1. You can easily overclock past 1Ghz
2. There are many roms that offer all, some, or none of blur
3. I'm not sure either

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Not sure about the first two, but as far as theming it goes, you should be able to look into the framework-res and see if the .pngs are in the same place and are named the same as the Droid 1. If they are, you can be all complicated and swap them out yourself, or make your own Metamorph .zip and change the images that way.

I've got a lot of experience with Metamorph and theming my Droid 1, so it shouldn't be too hard to do a Droid 2. I would just need to take a look at your framework-res and double check.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone. I plan on checking out all that when I get the phone tomorrow or the next day. Just wanted a head start.
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

gertman

Reaction score
Another question going from Droid 1 to 2:

Do we loose the ability to make one touch dialing short-cut icons? I have not been able to figure this one out. They either moved/ renamed it or removed it?

Thanks in advance,

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
1) yes jrumm will let you overclock as much as it will handle
2) I know fusion is supporting d2g right now but that's about the only one, squids is working it last I checked
3) when you get into changing just battery icon and things it's not that easy bc the d1 has a lot diff files than the d2 and the d2g for sure and not many themers have been messing with theming the. D2g yet bc of if just being released and just getting an sbf