going from a Razor Maxx to a Note 3?????

Steve H

Reaction score
I have had a Motorola Droid from day one. My latest is the Razor Maxx. I am eligible for an upgrade in about a month and have been thinking about going to the Note 3. The screen size and the stylus look good to me. If I do make the switch are there any big surprises that I might want to know about before I jump in? How water "resistant" and shock resistant is the Note 3? I have drug my Maxx through hell without a case and I am surprised that I haven't killed it. I am a fire fighter and use my phone A LOT when on scene so it is exposed to some fairly extreme conditions.

mcsoul

Reaction score
It's a great phone. But in your line of work you will need a heck of a good case.

OP
Steve H

Steve H

Reaction score
I have heard that the micro charging plug on my Motorola is different than what the Note 3 uses..................true????????

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The charging port is different but you can use your Moto charger on the Note 3 - you just cannot use the Note 3 charger on any other device at this time (that includes Samsung devices as well)...

The Note 3 is an awesome phone in both functionality and use. I would definitely look into a good case as the Note 3 is a bit thinner / lighter than the Razr Maxx (not to mention a bit taller / wider) so it will feel different in hand.

1tfrot

Reaction score
and battery life is about equal. my cuz has a razr maxx and we are always comparing battery life with each other. they are very comparable from what we've seen

3L1

Reaction score
The biggest surprise will be when you use it the first time and realize that no other phone compares to the note 3. My previous phone was a RAZR Maxx HD. The stock note 3 battery is good (not as good as the RAZR Maxx HD) but I found a zerolemon battery that lasts forever and it came w a bomb-proof case.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I have to agree with a very good case. I didnt get a case immediately and dropped my Note 3 ......it only suffered some scuffs and a small crack on the bottom of the screen.

sent from my Hot Galaxy Note 3 ;-)

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a MAXX to a Note 3. I was reluctant to leave Motorola, but now I'm SO glad that I did. This phone is blistering fast in comparison, much easier to manipulate, easier to read, and offers multitasking that I just couldn't do on the MAXX. The only thing I don't like about it is that the interface seems a bit feminine, but that too can be corrected with the right apps.

Assuredd

Reaction score
I have had a Motorola Droid from day one. My latest is the Razor Maxx. I am eligible for an upgrade in about a month and have been thinking about going to the Note 3. The screen size and the stylus look good to me. If I do make the switch are there any big surprises that I might want to know about before I jump in? How water "resistant" and shock resistant is the Note 3? I have drug my Maxx through hell without a case and I am surprised that I haven't killed it. I am a fire fighter and use my phone A LOT when on scene so it is exposed to some fairly extreme conditions.
I made the same move, from RAZR MAXX to Note 3 with the extended battery. Best move I could have done. You might want to know that there is no Otter Box cover for the Note 3 with the extended battery. I have not found a hard case cover anywhere for the extended battery owners of Note 3.

There is no going back. Oh, get performance charging cables.