Go SMS Pro cannot send MMS pics

carbfrze

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am having trouble sending out MMS picture messages through both the stock text messaging and my Go SMS Pro app. I keep getting the flashing green arrow. When I originally start the message I get a popup saying

Currently unable to send your message. It will be sent when the service becomes available. I have tried being connected through 3G and through Wifi and both have the same result. Just see the sending arrow and just sits there. I've tried lowering the allowed size down to 600k in the MMS settings in GoSMS..
I have a rooted Droid X2 w/ a stock ROM and am running Gingerbread
Please help!!
Thanks

Correction. I just tried to turn off my Wifi and use 3G only and it sent just fine. Is there a way to tell it to send through Wifi or this yet another Verizon way of making sure we are using their service all the time??

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All sms and mms goes through cellular data network, no phone uses wifi for those protocols.

And BTW, you're not running Gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
C

carbfrze

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new to the threads. I realized after posting that I'm not actually running Gingerbread I rooted w/ Gingerbreak. Thanks for the info on the data network. I realized that if I turn on my 3G i'm able to send MMS no problem.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No problem. Just know it's important to know what you've got. It may not seem like a big deal but if you get into mods the difference between versions become a real big deal. Not to mention troubleshooting. Correct info is key.

Sent from my DROID X2