GNEX partition

Scimino

Reaction score
I recently switched from a bionic to a gnex. I bought the gnex used. Which was fine but the person that had it before me had the internal memory partitioned. So it appeared to have two SD cards. I ended up getting the gnex replaced. So now I have a 32 gb gnex rooted and unlocked. I know there has to be a way to partition 16gb and 16gb...My other gnex was like that.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I recently switched from a bionic to a gnex. I bought the gnex used. Which was fine but the person that had it before me had the internal memory partitioned. So it appeared to have two SD cards. I ended up getting the gnex replaced. So now I have a 32 gb gnex rooted and unlocked. I know there has to be a way to partition 16gb and 16gb...My other gnex was like that.

I have never seen it done, or even talked about trying to get it done. I am not so sure it is doable, as I have never seen anyone partition it like that before. The "sdcard" is just a symlink to the /data/media directory, so even the "sdcard" doesn't have it's own partition. Even if you managed to do it, I would imagine something could go wrong, and possibly leaving yourself with a bricked device.

I will say the normal ways of partitioning removable sdcards, won't work on the GN since it requires you to plug into PC and partition it using your PC. Since it doesn't mount to your PC, you can't partition it using it.

Perhaps there is a way through ADB or custom recovery but I have never seen one.

Side question, just out of curiosity, why would you want to partition?

OP
Scimino

Scimino

Reaction score
Well because on my other nexus, I had all of my ROMs and apk's on a partition. The guy I bought it from was a developer from what I understand. And on the phone I was able to completely wipe the internal and still have all my ROMs saved on the partition. I wish I could get my other nexus to boot before I send it back. When I hooked up to a PC it even showed two drives. Its possible I'm just afraid of bricking like you said. The power button stuck or shorted. And it would bootloop. I got a drop of water in it by accident. Luckily the water strip on the battery and in the phone didn't get wet. The only thing I can do is get it into the boot loader. But my PC won't recognize it. Also, I can't select any options in the boot loader. The volume keys work but the power is stuck "on".