Gnex download issues

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Whenever i try to download a rom or theme or anything from the browser it reaches 100% then says unsuccessful then i retry and it goes through does this happen to anyone else?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing cache/data for the browser (settings > apps > all tab > browser) and/or have you tried an alternative browser?

NicoleNXD

Reaction score
Try going into settings > apps > all> download manager > clear data/cache then force stop it and try the download again. If that doesn't work either try another browser or download an app from the market called downloadallfiles

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stock browser is iffy on large downloads. I use Faster Downloads from the market or Opera Browser to download.

Malithar

Reaction score
Just started running into this with the stock browser. I just hopped on my computer and downloaded my files, but good to know that there's apps that can handle that. Does Faster Downloads and downloadallfiles behave like other apps that take the place of a function with a pop up giving the option of which to use, and being able to set a default?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes you can set them as default. And yep they also pop up when you click a download link. Some downloads can't be intercepted though but most can be.

Malithar

Reaction score
Gave Download All Files a try (Faster Downloads didn't show for me in the Market, unless I just didn't scroll enough) and all seems well with it so far. Takes a bit to set up, as I had its popup to set as default coming up for all sorts of stuff that I was opening from the notification bar, but after those initial steps, seems pretty solid.

Malithar

Reaction score
Found it. :D Guess "Faster Downloads" isn't close enough to "FasterDownloads" in the Market's eyes. :p

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya. I really like it. I use it on my xoom and gnex. Also used it on my Droid x.