Gmail won't sync!!!

OP
S

skuba

Reaction score
Thanks.

I have 54k emails in my Gmail account.

I justed tested using the Mail app to access gmail imap and it worked. Seems like the Gmail app has some issue, but doesn't seem like I can update it, or uninstall and re-install.

Sucks...

OP
S

skuba

Reaction score
So check this out. I tried adding a 2nd gmail account to the app, it let's me add BUT only gives me an option to sync Contacts, no option for Calendar or Email, so weird!!

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
It sounds like your email is locked. Not being able to do anything with the second account leads me to agree you need technical help. Lockouts can be from several things. Limits rank high on list for a reason and that is a lot of mail you mentioned. Initially I thought maybe you had nothing to retrieve.....seen that before from an alias for specific people. Good luck.

OP
S

skuba

Reaction score
Thanks. The thing is that I really doubt Verizon or HTC support will be able to help without forcing a hard reset.

Gensaiken

Reaction score
I found this topic because I was having the EXACT same issue today even after following all the steps listed above. I even had the same "low space" notification, mentioned by skuba. Although I have an simple LG Ally, not the HTC Incredible.

I was pretty stumped but I did get it resolved! I had a pretty big app installed on my phone, likely causing the "low memory" notification (Fenec dancedroid). After deleting the huge app and freeing up lots of space and doing a restart Syncing now works and gmail is now functioning fine.

It seems like when its low on memory android won't let you sync your gmail? or possibly a glitch? :icon_eek:

Anyways I thought i'd offer what I did in hopes maybe it helps some one else.

OP
S

skuba

Reaction score
Hey Gensakein, good tip.
It's fixed now.

I had a RSS FastReader with over 100MB. Deleted it, restarted and it works now.
Yes, some bug with android that even tough had lot of space left, it didn't like that one app was so big.

Hope it helps others in the future.
Thanks

LaRosaLoca

Reaction score
Been having much the same issue, except I have 2 GMail accounts on this phone and one is syncing just fine (not the one I use often of course), but the other one isn't syncing. Have cleared the cache, the data...but already having the same issues.

Sometimes (not all the time) will sync if I do a manual refresh within that account. Sometimes it might sync if I toggle the sync off and on again.

But I'd like a more permanent solution.

N2Nuttin

Reaction score
I have been having somewhat of the same issue, except mine will not send any emails. I can receive them, but can not send any. Yes, I have checked all the obvious solutions. I even manually sync and the messages just sit in the outbox. I too have 2 gmail accts. and only my main one is having issues.

Reaction score
fix

Deleting some app data also fixed this problem for me. In my case, it was the dialer storage app which seems to be related to text messaging. You have to go to "running" or "all" not just "downloaded" to see this app. I deleted some text/pic messages and problem solved.

ChipT

Reaction score
I was experiencing the exact same problem. I had installed an update to the Adobe Flash Player. Once I uninstalled it, Gmail went back to normal.

shinobi13

Reaction score
I found hhow to get gmail to sync again and keep synchronization. Hold down on your home screen. Select power control then when the application is loaded on to your home screen hit the sync icon. My wife was having issues and we tried Eventing on the net that I could find. This works well and have not had the issue since. Hope it helps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums