Gmail won't open. 2.2 OTA, rooted, awesome

1694kyle

Reaction score
Just moved from 2.2 leaked to 2.2 rooted using sbf, I rooted the 2.2OTA using adb, running standard rom (had custom, but hit trouble with backup assistant). When I try and open gmail: Sorry! the application gmail (process com.google.android.gm) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. What is this? I've got nothing modded except for root.

OP
1694kyle

1694kyle

Reaction score
I had just done one and flashed the 2.2 partial sbf. Can I back up, factory reset and then restore my back up? or would that just restore the issue?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
Any real reason to go to 2.2 OTA? I haven't checked these forums in a while, I've had the rooted 2.2 leak for a while, but I'm wondering if I'm missing out by not changing.

Also the process to go from 2.2 leaked to 2.2 OTA and then to root it, is it relatively simple?

Sorry no idea about the Gmail issue.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had just done one and flashed the 2.2 partial sbf. Can I back up, factory reset and then restore my back up? or would that just restore the issue?

That would probably just restore the problem. Have you tried Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/all/Gmail/Clear Data ?

Also, as I understand it the Gmail app is now in the market. You may want to consider uninstalling it and reinstalling.

Good luck.

OP
1694kyle

1694kyle

Reaction score
I'll check the market again. I couldn't find it. THats what I wanted to do, Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll check the market again. I couldn't find it. THats what I wanted to do, Thanks

I just double checked and when I search Gmail in the market the apps shows up. If it doesn't for you, try the following from the home screen/menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/market/clear data. It will take the market a few minutes to resync, but maybe the Gmail app will be there then.

Good luck.