gmail wont get emails and twitter wont update

ollie00

Reaction score
Both have worked fine since I got phone, 3 weeks ago, now I have to refresh my gmail and twitter wont update. I've turned off and on and nothing. Any suggestions. I use my email.constantly so this is a real problem. Thanks in advance.

musicman

Reaction score
Try doing a battery pull and see if that will reset your system.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both have worked fine since I got phone, 3 weeks ago, now I have to refresh my gmail and twitter wont update. I've turned off and on and nothing. Any suggestions. I use my email.constantly so this is a real problem. Thanks in advance.

For the Gmail: From the home screen/menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all/gmail/clear cache/clear data. It will take a few minutes for it to re-sync, but it will be fine then. BTW, this seems to happen to Gmail about once every month or so for me.

I would try the same thing on twitter.

Good luck.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I've seen this happen to Gmail, the social apps widget (for Facebook mostly) AND the market which I have set to notify me of updates. Sometimes the phone is silent but when I do a manual sync, there ARE updates.

Sometimes changing the settings to not sync/update and then changing it back to sync/update will kick start it for me. Other times it just starts updating/notifying on its own!

I turn my phone off every other night or so so it's rebooted frequently.

OP
O

ollie00

Reaction score
i have cleared data and cache. turned off and on. pulled battery. nothing. i updated both too.

the twitter update is just a new version where you pull down to refresh, but i have auto refresh checked, so that does not make much sense.

but gmail i have to refresh to receive emails.

i have no idea what to do. please help